My Blog?

My Name is Susie, I'm 17 years of age and live in the lively city of Portland, hence the name. I'm brand new to the world of blogging so let's give it a go. I'll try to write about what I know which is dance, style, music, being young, and the terrible world which is high school. Stay tuned and maybe I'll catch your fancy.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

And so the challange begins.


...More Tunes: Little Lion Man- Mumford & Sons, Girl You Know It's True- Sexton Blake, Great Lakes- Telekinesis! Steal Tomorrow- The Tallest Man on Earth

I taste summer, sitting on my deck with an iced chai and eating completely melted phish food out of the carton, think what you'd like but it's delicious. Though it is frustrating, being fooled by the weather (and my new summer wardrobe) that it's summer because IT'S NOT. Not yet, at least, two more days of finals...I finally found high waisted shorts! On sale at Aritzia! (note the lack of a segaway there) Possibly the most thrilling fashion conquests recently. Thinking of clothes for my long summer in New York a new challenge awaits me. Not only will it be sweltering on the subway to and from Greenwich and the upper west side, every single day, but I need convertible outfits. Why? Because I need clothes to pull over my leotard and tights and not upset my conscience, which trust me, gets easily flustered by poor clothing choices. So, below I have found some idea's of erm...ballerina chic? Or comfortable summer dance wear? Or cover-ups? Whatever you want to call it, go for it. Often I wear cut-up old printed t-shirts and a skirt, or leggings but I think I'll need to be a bit more creative and practical for the given conditions. We'll call this an experiment shall we? Photos from Wilfred (one of my favorite new lines) or lookbook.nu Oh and I have some not so practical but just as stylish photos in this bunch...

Wishing you a happy summer,

The Petite Portlandian

No comments:

Post a Comment